AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Airline marshals on flights
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/14/2014 19:46 (#3753950 - in reply to #3753723)
Subject: RE: Airline marshals on flights...Canadian ones too

Chebanse, IL.....

I had never heard your statement before that there are no air marshalls on CA planes, unless you were just kidding. Not sure about your intents or maybe I misunderstand your position. My apologies if I misunderstand.

I assume you mean CA based planes...right? If so, wiki folks, using linked sources seem to disagree with you. Now, I thought everyone knew that air marshalls (even the USA kind) will not intervene with some passenger freaking out, or drunk, or just being a total jerk that needs to be thrown out the door. They don't do that. However, if you (not literally) are appearing to attempt to commandeer the plane or harm the crew....they stand up, including the guys with the accents from the north.

Here's from wiki folks:

Canada[edit]

The Canadian Air Carrier Protection/Protective Program (CACPP) began on September 17, 2002 when a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the Royal Canadian Mounted Police with Transport Canada, the authority responsible for Canadian aviation security, and the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), for the implementation and administration of the CACPP. The program is conducted by specially trained undercover, armed RCMP officers (known as Aircraft Protective Officers- APOs) on selected domestic and international flights and all flights to the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Pilots and flight attendants are advised of their presence and the officer will physically intervene should an unauthorized person attempt to gain control of an aircraft.[6] APOs, however, will not be involved in controlling unruly passengers.[7] While they are peace officers within Canadian territories, they rely on section 6(2) of the Tokyo Convention as a legal basis for intervening an incident outside of Canadian airspace.[7] By law, such officers are exempt from acquiring a permit for importing or exporting their duty firearms when crossing the border.[8] However, the exact nature of their weaponry is not released to the public except they are "deadly and effective and should not damage the aircraft." [9] The Canadian Forces Military Police members of the Canadian Forces Air Marshal Detail, are responsible for providing security to Canadian Forces aircraft, crew and passengers – passengers who may include the Governor General, the Prime Minister and members of the Royal Family.[10]

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)