AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The parts counter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

9520Deere
Posted 3/12/2014 13:52 (#3749496 - in reply to #3747882)
Subject: RE: The parts counter

Alberta Canada

Usually on a common part like a bearing, roller chain, hyd hose I will do a bit of homework before stopping at the JD or CNH dealer. Bearing and hyd hose store is just down the street from both dealers. On parts that are brand specific there isn't much one can do, the price it what the price is. On a part I figure that will be expensive I do call another dealer just to get a comparison. Few cases the other dealer is cheaper than my main two but not often. Will comment on something if it seems outrageously high and usually the response is they only sell a few every couple years or they agree with how its priced and do a 10% discount. Comes down to the people on both sides of the counter and their attitudes. Usually try and get the spring sales at the dealers for filters, belts, sections, guards. Is 10% off bill and 15% off if the total bill is over $1000.

Have stood behind the guy that complains over every price on parts like rotor belts or wobble box parts or that brand specific seal or splined shaft. I would find it hard to let a $800 rotor belt hold up a day or two of harvest when the crop in the field is worth 50-70x more than that belt.

Machinery breakdowns is the cost of farming. Without machinery would be a lot of hard wok getting a crop in or off the field.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)