AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

easements
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 3/10/2014 21:03 (#3746206 - in reply to #3746035)
Subject: RE: easements

Texas
Thanks for the advice and many good things were brought up.

I know he is aware of the easement.

There are a couple of gates to go through on his property before you get to the gate at my property. He keeps these gates closed but not locked. Every time I have needed to use the access I was just going to stop by and talk to him while I was there but he is not home very often.

When I first met him when he moved in he seemed really nice but I did not bring it up as I was just welcoming the new neighbor. He probably doesn't care I just feel awkward going on his place and opening up gates and such. Even though I have a legal right it just feels odd to me.

I think of the "treat others how you want to be treated" rule and it is hard to do because I know I would never want an easement on my property. I like my privacy and have an electric gate in front of my place that is always closed. He knew about the easement when he bought the place so I guess he is ok with it.

I don't plan on using it except when something won't fit through my other access point. I certainly won't be blocking his way or leaving anything parked there. It would just be a trip in and out. My gate is maybe a 1/4 mile from his house but when you first drive in off the road you go right by his house which might startle him or something with the loud tractor right by his house I don't know.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)