AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is anyone using "health care sharing ministry" instead of health insurance?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Purdu21
Posted 3/19/2014 06:50 (#3762532 - in reply to #3745126)
Subject: RE: Is anyone using "health care sharing ministry" instead of health insurance?

WCIN
My family and I do the christian care sharing. So far, they have been the nicest people ever to work with. One thing I like is that they have a health incentive. If I get my cholesterol and weight withing their range, I get a $80 per month discount. That would make it $329/month for myself, my wife, and our daughter. I really think if all insurance providers set up this health incentive, we might be a lot healthier as a whole nation! Granted, I love to eat, and so does everybody else. It sucks not eating as much cake and fried foods, but it's worth it.
We are pregnant now, and have a $5,000 annual household portion. It's getting tight financially with just trying to live off of her income, but I am still happy with our sharing program. I think after we have this baby, we'll raise our annual household portion to $10,000 and have a lower monthly premium.

One thing that irks me though is that the school corporation to the north of us has awesome insurance, and the monthly premium is only $0.01 per person. My wife's school corp's insurance was so expensive that we were better off buying our own. I think it was around a $1,000/month premium with a high deductible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)