AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My project I did today,
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chimel
Posted 3/9/2014 03:22 (#3742539 - in reply to #3742200)
Subject: RE: My project I did today,

That was over 15 years ago and if it still exists, it's somewhere in France!
I made the box out of light plywood which I then painted.

There's the top of the box with 2 columns of flat head nails for the questions in blue on the left, and two for the answers on the right, with the hidden random wiring underneath in yellow and the green LED on top. I put an example of Q & A printed sheet in brown. It's important to print the word processing template first, including the position of the nails, punch these positions with a leather belt punch, and dispose it on top of the box to see where to hammer the nails in.

When you build the box, make sure the horizontal plywood sheets are exactly the dimensions of your sheets of paper, or even better, slightly taller, so you don't have to punch a hole for the green LED as I had to do. The vertical sides of the box should be slightly taller so that the sheets of paper will fit just right inside, or add a length of plywood where the LED will be. You'll figure it out.

There's 2 cables with 2 pins that you pull from the front of the box, they are connected to the LED and the inside battery, you can check the battery by having the 2 pins touch each other, it should light the green LED. Then you put one pin on one question nail on the left, and the other pin on the corresponding answer nail on the right. I had only one green LED, you can probably do a better job with a bit of electronics and add a red LED that will light on if the wrong circuit is connected, a buzzer after 3 missed answers, replace the nails on the left with LEDs that light on randomly to choose a question, etc. The possibilities are endless.

You don't even have to print one question per nail, I used some printouts that had one question every other nail, so that I could print larger pictures of backyard birds (with only one nail hole punched) on the left instead of just words, and the names of the birds on the right.

Sorry about my horrible drawing skills.
Add pulleys to your next busy board, maybe glue tied knots and dispose small lengths of rope on the side of each knot to reproduce the same knots.

(Q and A box.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Q and A box.jpg (12KB - 25 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)