AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just heard the word sanctions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

mjw82
Posted 3/2/2014 14:03 (#3727322 - in reply to #3727305)
Subject: RE: I understand what all you guys are saying, but-

Lincoln, NE
rodrod5 - 3/2/2014 13:58

khall_12_34 - 3/2/2014 00:53

Do you guys really believe that china is so in love with putin that they'll risk driving domestic food prices to go to stand up for him? I don't. They'll make a lot of noise publicly, they may even take a few months off of buying treasuries (they're a little overbought anyways), I'd be surprised if they slow down their soy purchases.

China is in love with cheap prices for China

the markets are going to punish the USA grain farmer no matter what and China will respond by calling Vlad and asking for a price match that Vlad will give eagerly

the BEST we can hope for is that China buys from the USA in the short term at the new lower prices just to take advantage of the American farmer because of stupid politicians and then China will turn to Vlad and say "match the prices Vlad" and Vlad will do so........which punishes the USA farmer yet again

China thrives in a world of stupid western leaders making stupid decisions that punish the producers in western countries to try and teach lessons to leaders in eastern block countries that deal with their population with an iron fist and their population accepts it willingly and even considers it a win

Vlad can try and match on price all he wants, but can he get the production to back up his sales. That's always been Russia's problem. They've never been able to be a consistent supplier of their own people, let alone the rest of the world due to production issues. Look at all the grain they needed from the US during the 60's and 70's because their great leaps forward in Agriculture failed. If they are trying to sell at a discount how are they going to get the production? They have the land, but without price incentive how are they going to make that work?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)