AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Panic attack
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

tc806
Posted 2/23/2014 13:30 (#3710993)
Subject: Panic attack

Casey IL. ( I -70 ) then south on rt.49
Went to the dry bed barn to feed this morning. I had just clean and put new bedding in yesterday. ( A steer ) There on his side with corn stalks under his belly and could not get up. So there is no pictures because I panic. OH my god what now neighbor just left ( he is weighing 1300 about ) wife getting ready for church. Calf is still alive. So I treid to push him up , YA RIGHT , So now running to the house for help. Went out and got skid steer and took bucket of, got rope ( nylon ) has snap on the end for quick release. went out open gate and put rope around his neck and started lefting and going back wards, rolled him right up and is sitting the right way. Took rope off and got out of there, left him about 1 hr. and he is up standing and walking around. The eye next to concrete is swelled a little from him beating his head on the concrete. But seems to be OK.
Problably made a mistake gave him a shot of NuFlur while he was still down , now need to wait 28 days befor selling. Hope he makes now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)