AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feeders Up Again...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

BULLGUY
Posted 2/18/2014 15:54 (#3699511 - in reply to #3699429)
Subject: Re: Feeders Up Again...

I kinda agree with CR, the North American cow herd is owned by 'old guys', I'll be 70 in April, and when at meetings, I feel like a young'n, most of these herds will be dispersed and mostly go for meat.
To many pastures, to many hay fields have been plowed in 'cow country', marginal land that should have stayed with the fences, plowed for 8$ corn and $15 soyabeans, and will never go back to pasture/hay as long as I'm alive.
Beef is becoming a short and valued commodity and well could be a 'delicacy', consumers have had their fill of chicken and chops, they like burger and burger has become very special, we now have 'burger bars', burger this and burger that.
If your young, energetic, wise and can get the funds, give up on weekend and holiday social activities, don't mind getting run down by a possessive mother cow, a bit of s--- on your boots, face to, and at calving time, commit to 'calving time', its harvest time, it only comes once a year, long term my friends, this committed youngster will be one of few, but he will build an empire, just as 'beef cow' empires have been built in years past, what goes around, comes around, we are at the 'around'!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)