AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2/3rds of my longs are gone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 2/6/2014 09:14 (#3667295 - in reply to #3667221)
Subject: Disclosure.

Okay trying this "openness" (even though I don't think I should have to..) and posting to the board on my actions.

I priced some basis on corn.. basically bored and needed to do something.. so started hauling on it back in December.. I had some contracts filled and unpriced going into the January report.. sold some that Friday.. got spooked and priced some (DANG IT!!!) about a week later.. and priced some more this morning..(at about what I could have had back in December..)  Still got more to go.. but not as much as I would like..

Basis has firmed locally and catching up with the firmness seen out west.. From looking at the state by state stocks report.. we will need to bring more bushels into this state.  Seeing the basis decline up north.. that may create the carrot to occur.

I continue to believe we'll see firmness going forward.. but at some point we'll get to the back side... later this summer.

On the Wheaties.. it is bitter cold here..  Wichita weatherman says.. "today could be the first time in 20+ years that the high does not get into double digits".. over 10 degrees.. currently 5 this morning.  We do have some cover.. but the winds have exposed some spots also.. the moisture totals were in the 0.30" to 0.50" range..at most.  helpful.. but "not much."  After the bitter cold this winter most wheat fields are burnt back to almost bare ground.. yes there are some that have a good cover.. that's the exception "here."  fwiw.

Also.. took profits on GPRE.. after this morning's nice pop.

Not $6.00 corn.. but not as bad as the bad news bears either..   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)