AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone use Topcon PCS-100
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Hammerhead
Posted 3/2/2008 22:00 (#324229 - in reply to #322747)
Subject: Re: Anyone use Topcon PCS-100

I work for a company called GeoShack. GeoShack is a very large Topcon construction dealer who is getting into selling precision farming solutions. I am brand new to Topcon (started the first of the year) but I can answer a few questions maybe.

The Topcon PCS-100 is the basic entry level guidance solution. I received word Friday that they are shipping as we speak. I hope so because I have a large amount of interest in them. They have been shipped to a few Topcon dealers around for display purposes to get started. I haven't had one of them in the field yet, but I can tell you that it has a USB port to plug a jump drive into. The screen does paint a map and this map can be saved and came back to later. A bench mark line can be saved in order to come back and repeat later...i.e. in order to save a drainage ditch etc. The lightbar is detachable, but a docking station is required to do so and I haven't seen one yet. I keep hearing that at some point it will be available for steering asist using the proportional valve that Topcon already offers. It is not available yet

For assisted steering Topcon offers the X20 monitor. It is a touch screen Windows XP based computer that will control guidance, spray controls for variable rate and up to a 30 section control, It is not machine specific so it could run a Case IH tractor for guidance and a John Deere air drill together with one monitor for example.

Again I am just getting into this, but I can try to answer any questions you have about Topcon precision farming. I am new to this website as well, and I want to try hard to abide by the moderators rules for dealers on here as well.

Thanks

Del Massey
Paragould, AR
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)