AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TrueSight Guidance on corn head ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

T800
Posted 2/28/2008 19:56 (#321997 - in reply to #321636)
Subject: Re: TrueSight Guidance on corn head ?

Lee Co
I ran on last fall on a 2166 /ez steer. you only use the motor unit the 500 was on but not hooked to the steering. so you could use the screen for breaking thru w/o counting rows if you had it set. the true sight has a box on the floor and a control box on a suction mount to set the height stop, etc. when you lowered the head the unit started steering the combine, there is a sensor on the middle snout and one on the rear axel to index the steering. I had a prototype and had a couple glitchesto work out but the 2 guys that installed it were out the next day to fix it and trouble shoot the problem. I really missed it when it wasn't working and sure was nice when unloadng on the go. you could watch the cart and not worry about gettin off the rows. when you got to the end and lift head the unit shut off untilyou lowered the head again. very simple, one set of "wiskers" in center to do the sensing, and I did have a little corn that was down and it walked right down the rows. I had to send the components back to get checked and updated but can't wait to use it again next fall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)