AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who likes the new nascar chase setup?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Posted 1/31/2014 08:40 (#3650963 - in reply to #3650521)
Subject: RE: who likes the new nascar chase setup?

Farmwithjunk - 1/31/2014 04:53

The Cup Championship is supposed to be the best, most consistant team/driver over the course of the season.

With the new format, it's conceivable that one driver could win the first 35 of the 36 races, only to finish 2nd to 4th to the driver who's in 4th place (and without any wins) going into the last race.

Granted, that scenario isn't likely, but very much a possibility.

The word RIDICULOUS keeps coming to mind.

NASCAR has simply over thought the situation. I'm one of the biggest Dale Earnhardt Sr fans that ever watched a NASCAR race. And I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Jimmy Johnson..... But....IMHO, this new format should be called the "Make sure JJ doesn't equal the 7 championships of Earnhardt or Petty no matter how ridiculous we have to get to insure that outcome" rule.

Bill France Sr and Dale Earnhardt Sr are spinning at the moment..........

Couldn't agree more, but when Tony won a few years ago I can bet the ratings were 10X higher on TV than they were the JJ winning. I like Tony and was glad to see him win a Championship. Fact is my attitude when JJ is winning is kind of like OK he's winning another one. I'm going to go watch some paint dry over here. The tough guy attitude is all gone. No more rough neck type guys out there that want to "drop the gloves" like hockey.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)