AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ireland ? any tips ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

centralillinois
Posted 1/29/2014 21:48 (#3647173 - in reply to #3647095)
Subject: Re: Ireland ? any tips ?

If you go to Dublin a fun tour is the Guinness brewery. I'm not real fond of guinness but it's worth the flight over. Dublin might not be the safest place to be late at night but during the day it's very similiar to an american city. Driving straight west from Dublin gets you through the rural areas. I went in late August or early September. The flights drop in price later in the summer. We spent a couple days at an Irish folk music festival. Great music and people. We stayed away from the north part of Ireland since that area still can be more violent. I don't think it's as bad as it was a decade ago but haven't really paid attention. The middle part of Ireland is hay country. Stay in the small towns and you'll see some incredible equipment. I always thought Ireland was a poor country but not by the looks of the hay machines. Don't eat the beef unless you really are desperate. It's all grass fed and I couldn't finish a hamburger. I ate fish most of the time but venison is said to be pretty good. Spend some time on the west coast. Breathtaking scenery. The long flight is the worst part but when you get there it's worth it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)