AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Steer Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

zeefarmer9
Posted 2/27/2008 07:52 (#320617)
Subject: EZ Steer Question

Swift Current, Sask
This is probably a very stupid question but I'll ask anyway, just because I would like to know. Can you run an EZ Steer off of a different brand of lightbar/GPS unit other than the Trimble's EZ Guide 250 or 500?

We have 2 Outbacks (S and S2), and would like a cheaper way for auto-steer other than the E-Drive that they sell. Plus, we have equipment that we would like to run auto-steer on that Outback doesn't have the hydraulic blocks for (SP swather and an older 4wd). We farm back and forth, dryland crops on big open (160 ac) fields, and do not really need anything more than a lightbar for guidance (even though a color screen would be very nice). We only run the WAAS signal, and do not need sub-inch accuracy.

If push comes to shove, we can sell one of the Outbacks and get the EZGuide 500 & EZSteer, but I'd like to know if we could get away with the setup I described without shelling out a few extra thousand $$. (Perfect world hey?!?)

Thanks for your patience in reading this post, and you can fire whatever you want at me. I am a young farmer just trying to learn from those who have been down this road before. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)