AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bakken Oil Field Well Production
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Bonpas
Posted 1/20/2014 19:19 (#3620530)
Subject: Bakken Oil Field Well Production

SEIL
Just got back from a 4 day round trip to the Bakken oil fields with seven others in a motorhome. Went to Williston, ND. Been wanting to see the play building up for years. Some of the group think we have the next similar play in the Southern, IL basin. Many around me have received lease payments up to $400/acre. Some of the group were city officials wanting to see first hand what we could be in for.

Does anyone on here have factual data on what the "typical" well is making in bpd? Are they coming in huge (maybe 1,000 bpd) and leveling out quickly to 200 bpd? or is the pressure so much that they are mostly all hanging close to their initial production? Are some actually flowing for a while? Are some actually choked back to keep the gas in the formation as long as possible? When they drill four directions from one pad/location, is it typical for all four directions to make a similar amount? or is it simply luck of the draw like southern Illinois only much higher initial production?

The shear amount of 400 barrel holding tanks and pump jacks with 16' or so of stroke was beyond anything I even imagined from prior reading. It appeared every location poked for a hundred miles yielded monster wells. Is there such a thing as a "dry hole" from south of Watford City to north of Williston?

Sincerely hope some or many fellow Agtalkers have hit it huge. Please tell me about it. No doubt anyone that has beat a living out of those drylands have certainly earned any windfall. Bonpas SEIL
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)