AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Couple of stories pertinent to the gold market
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cfdr
Posted 1/20/2014 12:31 (#3619529 - in reply to #3619367)
Subject: Re: Couple of stories pertinent to the gold market

Yes, price will move to where the two sides are in balance. Price will either move higher to encourage people to sell, or lower to encourage people to buy. I don 't see this market as much different in how it works. As for listening to "who the buyers and why they are buying" - sure. But, recent history shows clearly that price can go down, and go down hard, when attitudes are as bullish as they can possibly be. This is normal market behavior.

But, when I think about it, I don't see much difference to corn or beans. Supply is estimated, and someone always "owns" it too. Or, they "own" the expected supply. I agree that the comments are simply people making things up much of the time, and they show how ignorant those people are. As a market, however, gold is not very much different than anything else.

The market for money is not essentially different either. Interest rates are the measure of S&D. An oversupply of money relative to (qualified) demand, like we currently have, is indicated by low interest rates. This can be counter-intuitive for some, as an oversupply of money suggests high inflation - and the conclusion is drawn that interest rates must go up because of the inflation expectations. In reality, it is S&D for money, however, that drives interest rates. (Note - this is my understanding, FWIW, after years of thought about it.)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)