AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sex, marketing and farming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 1/8/2014 18:30 (#3587223)
Subject: Sex, marketing and farming

East Central South Dakota
I am a slow thinker compared to some of the other very (and i mean very) smart and talented people on this site that can do charts and post an incredible amount of information---bull or bear---we need both just as a market needs a seller and a buyer. I tend to fly at the 40,000 ft level and try to look at the big picture.

1. The world is approaching over supply on grains.

2. This supply when compared with use is still historically tight. Supply disruptions will have a fast market reaction at these carryout/use levels.

3. Worlds middle class is growing at an incredible rate. Can the worlds natural resources keep up with a huge world middle class? cars, metals, wood, grains, pollution

4. HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT----Take the population of India and China and assume they will eat 2 more pounds of animal protein.(choose your own critter). I have done the math and it is a staggering number. If i were the Chinese it would make me want to go out and buy Smithfield foods-----oh wait---they already did. They don't want more rice in their diet--tried that for about 2000 years---ready for a change of diet.

5. We just about lost the family farm in the eighties and worked our way out. I don't see why we can't in this next belt buckle tightening phase. I am willing to drain the hot tub and not vacation in the carribean if that is what it takes. Built a heated shop to play cards in---might have to actually repair instead of trade.

AND FINALLY AS it gets ugly on here try to look at your farm at 40,000 feet, forget the reports and price structure and search for positives and always remember this next very important point...............................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

FARMING is just like SEX, when it is good it is really, really good, when it is BAD----it is still-- pretty darn GOOD

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)