AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What fertilizer do you use in soybeans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 1/5/2014 00:26 (#3574510 - in reply to #3574470)
Subject: Re: What fertilizer do you use in soybeans?

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
I've heard on here a lot of times soybeans respond to fertile soil better then fertilizer apps... one requires the other though in most cases. A lot of folks in a c/b rotation apply both the corn and soybeans needed fertilizer requirents ahead of corn to save money on app fees the second year and to take advantage of the N in DAP or MAP as long as you have a contract for 2+ years. For soys I'm more pronged to concentrate on dry fertilizers broadcasted as opposed to liquids that cost more per pound of product. A few on here use Potassium Thiosulfate in a 2x2 or 2x0 band next to the furrow. 0-0-27-17s is the analysis.
One plan could be to apply all you P needs for C/B ahead of corn since it does not move a lot in the soil as we'll as your K for the corn then apply K ahead of beans along with possibly AMS for sulfer and any micros you might want....

I'd really like to see a field split applied with 5 gallons of potassium thiosulfate and boron 2x2 as well as Zinc and Mn and something like quick roots or comparative stimulant vs no app on the other side.... throw the kitchen sink at it and see if we are really over thinking these beans.... maybe we are???? Or maybe we are looking the wrong direction for better soybean yields????
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)