AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD ATU vs. Ez Guide 500 and Ez Steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pknoeber
Posted 2/21/2008 11:16 (#315725 - in reply to #315704)
Subject: RE: You do know what time value of money means, don't you?

SW KS, near Dodge City
W/ the JD system you pay more up front, but later if you upgrade to hydraulic auto, you don't pay as much.

W/ Trimble you don't pay nearly as much up front, but when you upgrade to hydraulic you pay more for the upgrades.

In the end (assuming hydraulic auto steer is where you go) the total $$$ will probably be so close that the difference maker will be service. However, if it's going to be 1+ years before you upgrade to hydraulic, then you'll have saved the interest on several thousand until then.

Personally, our Trimble service (through our Case dealer) is exceptional. I have a problem, I get on the phone & I no longer have a problem. If I had to make the decision it'd be a no brainer to go w/ Trimble, but then again, I don't really care what color paint my equipment wears, I just want it to work. Hagie & Rogator sprayer, Case & JD tractors, Gleaner combine, Shelbourne stripper head, JD planter, Crustbuster drill... well you get the idea. But to be fair, at this point I would like to have a JD notill drill as I think they've got the best one currently available.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)