AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Frytown, I will take the other side...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 12/21/2013 07:41 (#3535328 - in reply to #3535002)
Subject: Re: Frytown, I will take the other side...

moran - 12/20/2013 21:49 Cane, I think the full bins of beans are few and far between.

Probably.  In past years, there wasn't enough on farm storage so the beans went to town.  But in this area this fall, the lines were not anything like old times.  Some went to town, yes.  But considering the yields in the area, there was no shortage of beans "here".....they went someplace.  Maybe they all went on trucks and dissappeared to the terminals......not sure.

But I wonder what if anything that has to do with the market price?  Last year, we were gonna run out of corn.  It wasn't in the country.  The USDA was lying ...you remember.  What did price do?  Did it make new highs or even make a new attempt to on the supposed "short" old crop?  All those PP acres and many areas of the corn belt were drowded for months.  The combination of "its not in the bin" , and "its not in the ground" should have created a moonshot on newcrop....but instead it fizzled.  Another example would be precious metals.  Governments around the world are printing with reckless abandon and have been for years.   Just like corn, this should be a positive to price. But instead, the price of metals got crushed much like corn did.  What about cattle, oil, Dow,or or or, we can go on with examples.  So I wonder does this really have the desired affect on futures prices, or is a way to justify to ourselves a marketing decision that we did or have yet to make?  Not trying to be a smartie.....just pointing out that the markets prices defy logic daily IMHO.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)