AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Cruizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 2/18/2008 07:46 (#312647 - in reply to #312406)
Subject: Re: Raven Cruizer

South Georgia
Like gafarmer, I've got an Envisio, and you can do that, but when you turn around, you're driving in the 'headland' so it's guiding you based on the headland, until you get out of it. Makes it difficult to get lined back on your next pass. It's perfectly do-able, just a little irritating. I've been hoping they'd come out with a fix for that, but they haven't. I've also been hoping they'd come out with better curved guidance, but they haven't. Problem with the 'lastpass' guidance is that when you screw up, your next pass is based off of that screw up, and in long curved rows, they tend to get magnified. On the other hand, it's very very easy to use. Went over to a neighbor's house to look at his new EZGuide 500, and while I think it's a much 'nicer' piece of equipment than the Envisio, you have to go through several menus just to start guidance. It's not nearly as simple or intuitive as the Envisio. I don't doubt that it's no problem after you've gotten used to it, though.

If you want to use the Cruizer for mostly straight guidance, then you can use the last-pass mode to make your headlands, and then switch to straight lines, and the turning-around problem goes away, since your guidance lines will then go right on through the headlands.

I'm going on the assumption that the Cruizer is basically the same thing as the Envisio, I suppose this might not all be pertinent.

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)