AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EPA's proposal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

zmracing
Posted 11/17/2013 16:12 (#3450195)
Subject: EPA's proposal

west central MN

I am confused as to what the EPA's proposal does for corn based ethanol. It states that it does not propose specific volume for ethanol made from corn. It cuts the biofuel mandate from 18.15 down to 15.21 which is more then just corn based ethanol. In 2012 the corn based ethanol mandate was set at 13.2 billion gallons, in 2013 it was set at 13.8 billion gallons and for 2014 it was suppose to be at 14.4 billion gallons. Corn based ethanol was never suppose to be over 15 billion gallons. In 2014 the difference between the 18.15 and the 14.4 was suppose to come from cellulosic ethanol. We all know that cellulosic ethanol has been really struggling and there is no why that they could meet the mandated gallons going forward and some thing was going to have to chance. Corn based ethanol is much cheaper to produce then any other kind of ethanol so will they let the corn based ethanol produce up to 14.4 billion gallons out of the 15.21 that the mandate was cut down too? It does imply that they might try to limit corn based ethanol to somewhere between 12.7 and 13.2 billion gallons which would put it right in line with what we had in 2011 and 2012. We used more corn for ethanol in 2012 then any other year so it looks to me like this could be a non event for corn based ethanol. Can someone with more insight or more knowledge of the EPA proposal help fill me in as what this means for corn?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)