AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Frosty and Flowers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jeremeyfrost
Posted 10/22/2013 17:14 (#3398802 - in reply to #3398471)
Subject: RE: Frosty and Flowers

onida, south dakota

Sat - 10/22/2013 12:03 Sunflowers that is,I took a 578 miles road trip,2 different route's from EC ND to 45 miles NW of Bismarck. Bismarck area and east towards Jamestown. East of Jamestown,flower area quits and turns into wall to wall corn/beans. With the rains and snow this month,,,heavy damage....Wet mushy soil,big beautiful heads,saw many/most fields 30-50% almost flatten,any low,wetter area 95-97% flatten from rain,snow,winds. IDK what kind of headers out there can pick up downed sunflowers if one combines, ONE direction ? ? ? The old JD row crop or all crop ? ? ? It looked like a awesome crop til they blow over. Coming home in the south steel country area,I drove 37 miles and saw 2 field of WHEAT STUBBLE,only TWOOOO. Jamestonish NE towards my home area,was like WOW for acres of corn and beans................. Looked as though these guys choked of the corn planting CARROT,but they must be still alive and building bins by the looks of it ! ! ! ! ! 120-130ish yields sounds like the normal,I would guess that's above APH's, and this was generally a much dried area then I and poorer land. More so of what the north I-80 guys would call "fringe" or"very fringe" that northern tundra belt that never was going to get planted this spring. All I can say is BNSF sure better keep the unit trains running very hard to ND. We dont have Jack for cows. Jack for E plants. We're a dry state for Whiskey Makers We do have Pro Gold for corn sweeter,but one county could bury them in corn And Ray is to far away !!!!

most of the sunflower buyers are not showing much interest despite the issues and potential loss............   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)