AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS 1500 to Paradyme cable update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

swenzel
Posted 9/18/2013 19:50 (#3335602 - in reply to #3335527)
Subject: RE: GPS 1500 to Paradyme cable update

NW IL
Looks Great! Thanks for the follow up photo.

Question: When the paradyme is installed and running, is it possible to leave the serial "db9 NMEA out" from the paradyme attached to the serial "db9 NME in" on the Integra display cable? I understand that when the paradyme is connected, data is sent over ethernet line. My question (concern) is, can you still leave the db9 ends connected and not screw things up?

I have a paradyme bracket and older display cable mounted on a polaris ranger. At times, a paradyme might not be available and a 1500 could be used. Your idea looks fairly simple. My only concern is if we can leave the db9 ends connected during "normal" paradyme operation and not screw things up.

On a somewhat related note, this spring, I used the above setup and tried to connect the paradyme to an Insight. I tried connecting via DB9 on main paradyme cable and failed. In the end, the only way I was able to get NMEA strings to Insight was to use the auxiliary input cable on paradyme. Spent hours on phone with tech support. Was told "why would you want to connect insight to paradyme. no one ever does that.....". Finally came to conclusion that I needed to use auxiliary input cable on paradyme.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)