AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pig question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

tuck
Posted 9/17/2013 08:14 (#3332770 - in reply to #3332686)
Subject: Re: Pig question

MN
Concrete and "healthier" as far as disease goes are related but just the opposite. If you want a horrible case of internal parasites leave them on dirt, round worm eggs can lay in the soil for many many years waiting for a host to infest. These parasites will cause your hogs to get run down and will cause other infections. Pigs get these disease's without being run down but it will make matters worse. Several diseases come to mind. I don't want to scare you. Take it from someone with decades of experience do it right the first time put in the concrete it is not that expensive. Mcfly, if you have raised pigs long enough you will have a disaster at some point, keep your vet's number on speed dial, sooner or later you are going to need it. I am not trying to be a smart a$$ but after raising pigs for 42 years some things just don't work very well. I think you have a good idea though by starting with 20 and you can always get up to 40 if the market warrants in either case the concrete will be there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)