AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electric Fence Bleeding over
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Phil A.
Posted 9/15/2013 20:00 (#3330114)
Subject: Electric Fence Bleeding over

Western Ohio
Working on a new pasture yesterday. Very good Hi-Tensil Fence on Three sides. Woven on South side with No Electric along it at all. When I started they had from the bottom line 2, 4, and 6 the top line hot. When I first started the charger would test 9 at the charger but not register when line was hooked up. So I cheated and cut all lines so the only thing hooked up was line 4 after working with is a while I got the fence up to a 6-7 range which is plenty good for keeping cows in.

Now here is the problem. I got electric back feeding on all other lines on the fence. Dosent matter if they are insulated or not on average all lines are showing 1.5-2.2 which is exactly why I can not get the rest of the fence any higher. I have checked all the wires on the H assemblies to make sure they are not touching and can not find anything. So where would you guys start looking to figure this one out? I never hooked back up lines 2 and 6 do not know how that would really help but may do that on my next trip over. With cows keeping line 4 hot will be plenty to keep cows used to electric under control. I have plenty of experience with Hi-tensil and this one has got me stumped. I even replaced some of the end insulators from wrap arounds to higher quality porcline pieces.

Phil A.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)