AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone feed in barns like this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 9/15/2013 16:09 (#3329643 - in reply to #3329507)
Subject: RE: I have to ask ~

central - east central Minnesota -

ricksitzmann - 9/15/2013 15:14 I have been thinking about putting up a shed to finish my steers with. I am tired of fighting snow, mud, or both. I do not like monoslopes and am not completely sold on hoop barns. Garvo's sheds have merits to them but I would like a little more protection from snow-wind. I like the concepts of feeding in an open front building with open lots (not sure of what else to call them). Seems as if I have only seen a few of them and wonder why they aren't more popular.  photo Capturecow_zps31986ffb.png  photo Capturecattle_zps3c2c7c48.png If I were to put something like this up I feel I could do 90% of the work and do it reasonably cheap. I would start with a 100head building and if I liked them would go to maybe 350-450 head

That drive allyway - is all covered building . . . . .  That's a big, big cost, that does nothing to add profit. Isn't there a different way to get feed to the cattle? I'd much rather have cattle in that allyway, then basiclly nothing . . . . . .
Thoughts ?  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)