AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HRS Spring wheat prices?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Redman
Posted 9/10/2013 01:27 (#3319026 - in reply to #3318669)
Subject: Re: Comparing Protein US Vs Canada

SW Saskatchewan
I will defer to anyone with current knowledge but the means used to calculate protein % was different in US and Canada.

If I recall correctly, US protein % is calculated on a dry matter basis whereas in Canada it is the % of protein in a sample at 13.5% moisture, thus the US protein would be higher because the low protein water has been removed from the calculation.

Also so many other factors to consider before a straight across the border comparison.

I don't know when to expect an uptick in prices, with the size of the Canadian crop, some of which may not be out of the field for another 6 weeks, I expect there will be pressure to move the grain out of the bin with the big blue roof so it will be a while before all the wheat is in a holdable position.

Understand that one of the private grain companies in Winnipeg has a temporary bin(polyethylene roof) holding over a million bushels. With the capacity of the Canadian rail system, and the large canola and pea crops coming off before wheat, it might be quite a while(say July) before the farmers have the ability to move substantial quantities of HRS.

Edited by Redman 9/10/2013 01:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)