AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

US Farm Report/Supply,Supply,Supply
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 9/8/2013 10:58 (#3315286 - in reply to #3315252)
Subject: Re: US Farm Report/Supply,Supply,Supply

farmboy50058 - 9/8/2013 09:39

Learning what exactly? (I'm a slow learner) That hedgefundpigfarmer is right?I knew it would happen sooner or later with high prices, just didnt know exactly when(which day or year). Personally I really don't mind cheaper corn and beans. Things were getting out of whack just making everything else go up with it. Its reality check time I guess. Its even making land soften up a lil like it should. But don't for one second think its gonna make hogs more profitable in the future hedgey....those gravytrain days of hogs being the mortage lifters and all are long gone (sorry pat h and kookier), all this will do is make the big outfits expand even more until your working with same margins you were before and squeeze more little guys out ...mho

p.s.....we feed our own hogs and cattle on this farm too

Sorry but it you can't make it with $7-6-5-4-3-whatever corn your not going to make it. Asking for lower prices because you think you are going to do better is "stupid". Sorry but the "man" will get his cut no matter the price and your neighbor will sharpen his pencil just the same as yours. Just ask Monsanto or Koch bros. how they price inputs! Irregardless of the higher cost and inputs create my buying power outside of ag is more powerful with higher prices. I make a % profit not fixed dollars. Higher the better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)