AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Header trip to Denison, Ia
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CVA Farm
Posted 9/6/2013 13:41 (#3311635 - in reply to #3311439)
Subject: Re: Header trip to Denison, Ia

NE S.Dakota
This from last night's post:

<Made the trip today with my Dad, left at 5 am, returned at sundown, 8 pm, all went well, no troubles at all. Glad I took the time to prep the trailer, added tie down loops etc. New tires and rims gave me peace of mind, even though I had a spare along. The trailer bounced surprisingly little when empty, boosted the tire pressure from 30 to 55 once loaded. 578 miles 11 hours 43 minutes moving time, 49 mph moving average, thank Garmin for the stats!

Thanks for all advice given!

Oh yeah got the mailbox too, weighs 450 pounds!>

The roads were rough here and there, we took 59 from Worthington on the way down, some was very rough, so we worked our way over to 75 north from LeMars. There is a road that runs 1 mile from the SD/MN border we took both ways,just for less traffic. The signal lights on the pickup were not visible for sure on the driver's side,so I tried to avoid traffic. Overall a good trip. I guess the roads in the Pipestone area did not catch my attention, there were much rougher spots here and there! Pipestone,Hendricks and Marietta are the only towns we were in twice, had to look at the crops as much as possible and that meant different routes as much as possible. My Dad is 87, and he enjoyed the trip as well!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)