AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone reverse their duals for smoother ride?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 9/4/2013 16:10 (#3307521 - in reply to #3307340)
Subject: RE: Stupid ?

central - east central Minnesota -

frytownfarmer - 9/4/2013 13:29 Was remembering how rough the ride is from side to side when the duals are off the tractor yet it makes pulling around the wagon much easier when they are off... When pulling up to the swing augur you can get a lot closer... Measured the duals and if I had a spacer in between the 10 bolt and the dual I could flip the dual around and the two tires would be next to each other... This would move the outsides in approx 8 inches.... Would smooth up the ride and provide some traction along with keeping it narrower... 2wd tractor... Is this stupid or has anyone else done this? The duals tread would be backwards... Perhaps better traction for backing out when your stuck??? :) Thanks

I had no idea, how "stupid" I am  . . . .
I simply switch my outside dual tire from side to side and the tread is going the right direction - not backwards. It narrows the tractor up nicely and gives me the traction I need and the ride.
I pop them out for row crop work then flip them back for haying, summer, fall and winter narrowness.    

(P3030035.JPG)

(P4140127.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P3030035.JPG (73KB - 52 downloads)
Attachments P4140127.JPG (73KB - 53 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)