AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Two schools of thought
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 8/24/2013 18:12 (#3286294 - in reply to #3286243)
Subject: Re: Buck, we are on same page

East Central South Dakota
It is all about planting dates and what shape the ground was in when you planted----just like the farmers on here have said all along. We were done corn May 9th and we are just starting to dent, but the heat and dry is going to hurt me more than i initially thought. The late corn is going to get dinged big time---way more than early planted corn, but you are exactly right it wasn't going to make it anyway----pay me now or pay me later. I quess i would rather loose it to dry than wet and immature.

Beans are going to take a serious hit. Our pods are plumping up with seeds, but we are going to loose yield no question. Best crop i ever had till the heat with no moisture hit. Would rather sell cheaper then watch my best crop go back to normal. I guess that is why we are considered a "fringe" state. "One rain away" again this year.

This freaky heat wave late is why planting dates are so crucial. If corn was on time this heat for corn would not be such a big deal---same for beans. The market chose to ignore planting dates this year, we will see if the final yield shows why you plant early not late. As for SA competition, it will put more pressure on them to raise a big crop and will put more volitility in the market, if we have some SA production problems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)