AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Draper Head on 9660 STS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

swontbeetfrmr
Posted 8/20/2013 11:53 (#3277937)
Subject: Draper Head on 9660 STS

South Western Ontario
I have searched and read a lot of threads on the topic of draper heads. I do not want this to be an argument regarding the merits of a draper vs a flex head but would like constructive comments.

We have narrowed our choices down to
1. Agco 9250 30' Dynaflex used in the area
2. JD 635FD

My understanding is that regardless of the choice of these two that there will be electrical troubleshooting involved. I also understand that we will need the heavier feeder house lift cylinders.

Our thinking on the width(we currently push a 930F) is that we can increase the ground speed some to use the extra capacity the even feeding will provide. Our conclusion is that the biggest increase in capacity will come from the extra hours we will be able to run each day(so long as the beans are fit and dry) due to the improved feeding.

We do not have unrealistic expectations in regards to increased recovery resulting in more bushels in the bin, we simply feel that using the machine a couple more hours a day would justify the higher cost of draper compared to auger head.

Does anyone have any experience running an Agco head(with Bish Adapter) on JD machine?

Any comments in regards to the complexity of the electrical issues?

We are leaning towards the Agco due to price, availability and the simplicity of the mechanical drive
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)