AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey Jon....corn for feed usage...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

RayJenkins
Posted 8/13/2013 16:12 (#3265403)
Subject: Hey Jon....corn for feed usage...

SC Iowa
will bring this up to the top since it's been an active day on the board...

Jon wrote this:

FS&I for 10/11 was 6,428 last year 6,439.. I'm at 6,450 with lower prices..

I was surprised at Ray J's reaction at feed bouncing back 700 myn in USDA's numbers.. yesterday. Feed has been.. starting in 08/09: 5,182, 5,140, 4,793, 4,545 and this year's 4,450.. However, the last two year's we've poured EVERYTHING at feeding livestock.. I had Neighbor's grazing cotton stubble.. COTTON STUBBLE.. another neighbor baled his corn stalks and sent them to Dalhart Tx.. You know how many loads that is.. on 25 pivots???

There wasn't ANYTHING.. left.. it was getting to the point that guys were fighting over TUMBLE WEEDS.. (you want that?)

The next surprise is going to be the wheat stocks number.. we're feeding wheat STILL today.. "here." There is NO CORN.. as I said yesterday.. 50 elevators had a sum total of 200,000 bushels of corn left to buy.. THAT's IT!!

.. until harvest starts in 8 days.

**** one of things I would ask you to do is look at the growth of corn for ethanol use in that span of time, and look at how many more DDG's we have been using in domestic feeding rations.....not perfect, but it explains at least a sizable portion of the drop in corn usage....along with the lack of readily available corn as well.......now the question is do people quickly go back to corn, or continue using the DDG's for a variety of reasons...

I do understand there is very little corn left in your part of the world....why would there be?? It's a corn deficit region most of the time, and you had a short crop in 2012 as well.......looks like you dropped from 550-580 myn bushels per year to 380....big haircut...

it remains a tight market but we managed to buy 410,000 old crop corn mon/tue......somebody still has something out in the weeds....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)