AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grinding round bales
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 1/22/2008 10:43 (#289552 - in reply to #289443)
Subject: RE: grinding round bales

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
I have a Brandt, I load first bale onto the forks, cut net or twine on the left hand side, pull net over top of the bale. Then walk out to the back of the tractor, hit hyd. remote to load bale. As it's raising I finish pulling net off bale, it comes off as it goes into the machine. Then I load second bale on the forks, and go to feeding. I can load ton bales too, I will try to cut all but one or two twines on them, them load them into machine. I've found this is easier for me, than cutting all that twine or net off the rotor. I use a 40 series JD tractor, the newer ones without hyd. levers exposed on back of machine, would be a pain to use.

I've seen dead deer with balls of twine off of little bales of hay, still in their rib cages, after eating it. I don't want twine in my mother cows or bulls. I guess feeder cattle would be a different story? Maybe after grinding it goes right thru a cows stomach? We have to use plastic twine, because we keep our bales for a few years, almost 99% of my bales I do with net for the speed of baling, also faster to feed with net as well.

Is your Knight feeder a Vert. mixer or a hammermill type like Haybuster, Brandt?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)