AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It was rodeo time here last week...............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 7/29/2013 16:58 (#3236121)
Subject: It was rodeo time here last week...............

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
We have our local amateur rodeo every year on the 23 & 24 of July to celebrate the pioneers that settled this country and in Utah. I forgot to take a camera with me till I go there. So here is a few photos from a photographer that came a few years ago and took a photo shoot, He did a really fine coffee table book with all photos. I take Holstein calves for the little kids to ride, some of them will buck a little for them.

About the last 5-6 years stock saddle bucking horses have become the rage with the rough stock riders. I would prefer to watch them over saddle bronc and bareback myself as it is more true to life for cowboy day working. Last year we had our first girl to ride stock saddle broncs, this year she was back with her sister and others to compete. Some of the young kids put talc powder on their hat brim and as they come out of the chute it looks as if a cloudy haze. Some will even don a western dress coat and wild rag, they put on quite a show.

Little side note, the photographer had some of these photo's displayed in the Denver International Airport. you can click on his links on his site for a few of the photos from the Denver show as well as our local rodeo. If you get on a photo you can keep clicking and the photos will change. Also he did a video clip of the first girl last year to ride the bronc. She and her friends did a good job this year, looking forward to seeing them next year.

http://www.photosbyhume.com/Photos_By_Hume/Home.html

http://vimeo.com/66506239

Just thought if you had time to kill you might like looking at these photos and video.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)