AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to tile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mponce
Posted 7/27/2013 12:00 (#3232204)
Subject: How to tile

I am looking into getting into tiling and my local contractor is expensive and it took him over a month to do 10,000 feet for me. I have lots of ground that I want lines put into so i am considering getting a soil-max tile plow. I have never laid tile before but everything I hear is good about using this plow to do my own. Heres what Im wondering...

1.) I live in Southeast MN and I have some pretty heavy ground. Will my chipped stx 325 pull the plow alright? Would i have to pre rip? It doesnt have a 3 point so Id have to get the pull type is that alright? I have a magnum 235... could I pull the plow with that if I needed to?

2.) I also want to run the intellislope on integra. What is the approximate cost of this? also what would I need to buy to do it right. I have just installed a trimble 750 running on waas last fall. Would the intellislope somehow run off that? or could I use the autosteer while i tile?

3.) Also it sounds like I would need a backhoe to do it right but I have a skid steer (s250) could I get a backhoe on that and get it done right?

4.) Finally, what kind of help would I need to keep it running smoothly me plus 2 guys? 3 guys??

I want to save some money and I dont mind doing the work my self but I dont want to screw all this up so I want it done right. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)