AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problem uploading digital pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 1/21/2008 00:16 (#288421)
Subject: Problem uploading digital pics

Just got back from my sister's place, celebrating her son's 3rd B-day. While there, she asked me to take a look at her HP computer. Seems she, at one time, had a digital photo management software package on that computer and had no trouble getting pics from her camera to the 'puter. She uninstalled that software, installed another program, but now cannot get the computer to recognize her camera OR the SD card. She has even reinstalled the original program with no result.

More details:

The camera connects to the computer via USB cable. Plugging in the cable does nothing - not recognized. Opened Windows Explorer looking for another drive - nothing.

I plugged a thumb drive into the USB port and it was recognized instantly. Now know the USB port is good.

Removed the SD card from Kodak camera and stuck it into the card reader built into the computer - nothing.

Tried another SD card from a digital camcorder in the card reader - nothing.

Checked everything I could think of in the software itself. Nothing I could find in preferences and nothing in help files of any use.

I'm out of ideas. Again, the USB port is proven to work and everything worked fine before she uninstalled the photo program. It's when she did that that the problem started.

Ideas?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)