AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Non GMO Beef/Pork
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cyclone.1983
Posted 7/23/2013 19:24 (#3225476 - in reply to #3225270)
Subject: Re: Non GMO Beef/Pork

oldschool - 7/23/2013 16:56

cyclone.1983 - 7/23/2013 14:28

Jacob Bolson - 7/23/2013 14:05

+1 to Niman Ranch. I have a family member that raises hogs for them and has been very pleased with the business relationship.

Niman Ranch is all natural, Im talking Non GMO, I have no interest in having sick animals.

Couldn't bite my tongue on this as Niman Ranch is huge in my area...Did you ever consider that with not over crowding, allowing rooting materials, bedding what have you, and by NOT constantly feeding drugs and antibiotics the whole herd could actually be healthier?? I have no connection to Niman other than what neighbors are doing but from what I have seen they seem to be a great company to work with producing a product the fills a demand. They pay a premium for a premium product which sounds like exactly what you are wanting to do so why make 15 yr old comments?

Your comment about having "sick animals" couldn't be farther from the truth and if conventional/confinement animals aren't "sick" why are 99% of the animals on drugs/antibiotics for 90% of their lives?

Yes Im sure by not treating sickness in the heard that it will cause them to become healthier. Great point. Ive called Iowa State and told them the big news, they are closing down the vet med program. No longer needed.

W/ that being said, please dont derail my thread, this is about non gmo raised animals, if you would like to tell tales of your love of organic meats and vegetables, feel free to start a new thread and good luck on your garden.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)