AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random pics of planting beans, cattle and spraying crew
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

southernblues
Posted 7/23/2013 08:10 (#3224506 - in reply to #3224382)
Subject: RE: Random pics of planting beans, cattle and spraying crew

SE Kansas

Erik KS - 7/23/2013 06:14 Nice pics, good looking heifer and bull. Planting setup looks pretty similar to my 7000 6x30 behind my 1135 Massey, still getting the job done. How is the seed drive driven on your Kinze, does it have the chains down to the hubs on each axle?

I'm going to go technical talk on you so beware...it's got these gears (drive/driven) that you adjust to the seed pop you want that turns the transmission connected to the hubs, so I believe the answer is YES.   :)   Kinda like a big 10 speed bike.

I bought the planter off a neighbor this spring (this is my first year farming) -- we repaced the double disc openers, added the tank/pump and in furrow.  Been a great learning experience for me.  Took the row cleaners off after burned the wheat stubble and she dove deep enough to find moisture.  Will have to get pics of the after-wheat beans as I think they look great.

Dad planted 3 acres of sweet corn with it, spacing wasn't anything to brag about but we could have had it screwed up too.  Although -- the fun factor goes up 10x when it rains and we've been blessed here. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)