AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finally got my camera back
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

LKM
Posted 7/23/2013 06:03 (#3224275 - in reply to #3224164)
Subject: Re: Finally got my camera back

Ridgway, IL
Spanky, not West Point. I had the old tires and just a had a concrete truck come full them up. They are 42" and it took just about 2 yards each.

Then we had the local welding shop fab up the other stuff and we all put it up together on this first one. They have a water jet that allows them to cut out circles and triangles really easy so I thought it might speed up the process. It took a couple trials to get it how we wanted but I think the next 3-4 will go much easier now that we are set on the design.

The tarp was made by our local truck tarp shop. I had a bunch of extra material from a windbreak project from the winter. After all the design changes on this one, I have 3400 dollars in it which is way too high. I think we will shave over 1k dollars off the price tag of the next ones just because now we know what we are doing. We used heavy zip ties to attach the tarp so we can take it off this fall and get more sunlight.

Our fertility plan is vrt dap ahead of corn, vrt potash ahead of beans. For corn we follow with season pass pop up in furrow with the planter, then 15 gal 28% with post chem, then vrt nh3, then we can either put extra n through the pivots or fly on at tassel. This year it was too wet to irrigate, so we aerial applied 100lb ammonium sulfate and 25lb urea at tassel. Some of our soils are very sandy, and dumping a bunch of N pre plant and then forgetting about it isn't the best option for us, just can't hold that n all the time. The late season n application let you evaluate your potential and then decide what you think you need mid growing season. As far as those ears being big, part of that is probably due to a little thinner stand than we would like. It was cold and damp here, we were probably shooting for 32-34k but actually ended up with 29-31k.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)