AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Working on Sundays
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

larryshoat
Posted 7/21/2013 14:15 (#3220857 - in reply to #3220613)
Subject: Re: Working on Sundays

Southwestern Ohio

f2joe - 7/21/2013 11:48 A little story that happened to me: Last year I started cutting beans on Saturday I had arranged to pick up a semi from my garin buyer on Sunday . My plan was to fill my straight trucks then auger them on to semi. Being the first day combineing and a new to me combine things didn't ga as planed . I was still 200 bushel short of a semi load. So I went and got semi and loaded it . I deicided to cut the 200 I needed. They were calling for rain the next day so I thought what the heck I'll just keep on cutting. Well as soon as I dumped the bin I proceeded to cut more. Now I cut alittle differant than most people. I dont have a grain cart or do I really need one , but anyway I will cut my way to the back of the field and work my way to the front. When I start to get full I'll cut my way back to the truck. That way I'm not runnin across ground loaded for no reason. Anyway I'm at the back of the field and all of a sudden the combine just dies! No reason it just dies. I mess with it and get it restarted go a couple of feet and dies again. This goes on several time , then I talked to the Lord, I told him if I can get it back to the truck I ould quit for the day. The combine cranks up I took off to the truck , empty combine and go home. The next day I called my parts guy and tell him what happened , he says yea its a relay on the motor . I said send it. He said it will get worse . The relay comes, I in the middle of harvest to dumb to stop and put it on, but I do finally put it in the cab. I cut the rest of the season and cut all my wheat this year and the relay is still in the cab. Now I did cut on one Sunday during wheat harvest and had no problems, but the way the weather was I had to. Now the moral of this story is I believe the Lord takes care of me and mine, The Lord gives what we need. The Lord understands when things HAVE to get done on Sunday, but the Lord is quick to remind us when we don't HAVE to get things done on Sunday. Now I don't judge anyone for doing anything on any day. This is just one of my life lessons. Joe

Excellent post and I agree 100%.

Larry

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)