AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pioneer special deals
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 7/9/2006 15:34 (#25093 - in reply to #23918)
Subject: RE: Pioneer special deals

Let's all be realistic here. Here is what I was offered this year from other seed companies.

Monsanto: Don't plant their stuff but was offered triple stack hybrids for $125 per unit. Do the math on that with list price in the $190's.

AgriGold: By 1 pallet of corn and they would give me 10 free units. Buy what I bought last year and then a pallet more and I would get a 32% discount. I only buy 16 units of AgriGold because my cousin works for them.

AgSource: Buy 10 units, get 10 free. Don't even know where they are located. Guy just stopped by one day.

Pioneer: I plant a little Pioneer but overall am not a big farmer. They offered me 10 free units if I bought 50 units more than I bought last year. Corn only. Beans. I don't plant them but I hear they aren't bad.

I am still be offered $$$ deals every day to do one thing or another. Spray my corn, weigh against a competitor. Etc.

Don't just pick on Pioneer because they are No. 1 in corn marketshare. Every company is guilty but most people like to pick on somebody and a lot of the time it is the top company.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)