AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rough day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jbinPA
Posted 7/16/2013 18:26 (#3212202)
Subject: Rough day

Yesterday was one of those days for us. Pulled a HUGE bull calf out of a cow first thing in the morning. They were all ok. I went to work (nutritionist), came home late afternoon to spray beans. Cow that went down sunday (not sure why but have idea that she was fighting with another cow) died. Went to spray and the rains came. Sure hope the last field I sprayed had enough time for the RU to work. The beans actually looked good on some marginal ground. Got the land owner to give me a ride back to the farm to find another cow was calving. Calf was upside down. Both my cousin and I tried to get it rolled around, but no luck. Called vet and we got another HUGE bull calf out. Cousin went back to give the cow a bottle of calcium to help her a little and she was dead. Must have ruptured the uterus when we were working on her. Very good milk cow that I was disappointed to lose.

Very frustrating, but guess those are the joys of farming. Need to get some pics up of us putting 2nd cutting in. chopped and bagged 84 acres on friday. Glad it done because all it wants to do is rain here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)