AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raid1 - XP OS Blue Screen..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chip
Posted 1/19/2008 11:13 (#286968 - in reply to #286728)
Subject: RE: Raid1 - XP OS Blue Screen..

I like Lance's idea. I've done that before, but I don't have enough experience to say if it would work in your situation or not. In my situation, I disabled the RAID controller and used the drive as a single, regular drive---bypassing the RAID controller altogether--the drive worked.

EDIT:
Since you have important data that is not backed up, I'd find a good computer person familiar with this type of setup to help you. I'm guessing it will be easy and not cost too much assuming at least one of your drives are good.

DON'T GET HELP FROM DELL!! Their script will lead them to re-format your drives and all of your stuff will be gone! (according to multiple sources that have reported to me)

EDIT 2: I just re-read your message, and noticed the part about Dell telling you to erase everything.......... really, I wasn't remembering that when I typed the sentence above.... :) Dell will tell you this is the only way to fix it..... it ISN'T the only way to fix it......just the only way they can 'help' you get your computer running.

Take it to someone familiar with RAID.

Edited by Chip 1/19/2008 11:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)