AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Laser grade controllers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 7/4/2006 12:29 (#23977 - in reply to #23712)
Subject: Re: Laser grade controllers

Leesburg, Ohio
Check out http://www.midtechservices.com/
This is not an ad...just relating my experience. Roger Kolbet runs the business there, and seems to thoroughly know his stuff. I purchased an Apache grade control system from him last year for our tile plow, and am very pleased with the equipment and especially with his service. They sell Trimble, Apache, and probably other brands, as well as their own brand that they build and service. They service and repair about any brand.

We had a problem getting the system to work when we first installed it on the plow. Turned out to be a blocked hose crimp fitting on the tile plow, defective from the fitting mfg...no hole thru the fitting at all...nothing to do with the plow mfg or the laser equipment. We kept thinking it was defective laser valve, and Roger stuck with us until we finally figured it out...even shipped us two new valves overnight express freight at his cost. When it turned out not to be anything to do with his equipment, I paid him back the shipping, and sent the valves back at my expense. Now we are very pleased with the equipment he set us up with, and very pleased with his service. We have about $9000 in the total system. A Trimble system would be good also, but was going to cost almost double. The equipment Roger manufactures would probably be lower cost than any others. The only reason we bought the Apache equipment from him, instead of his own brand, is that we wanted variable flow, instead of "bang-bang" type valves and controller. For surface work, I would be comfortable with Roger's brand.
FWIW
Ken
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)