AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hog confinement water pressure tank blew up.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 7/2/2013 17:29 (#3187386)
Subject: Hog confinement water pressure tank blew up.

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
I got a call from my Sensaphone alarm system this morning at 4:30 a.m. ( hate those middle of the night calls) telling me I had no water pressure in the barn. I acknowledged the call and went back to bed, figured they could get by another couple of hours without water as most hogs are sleeping that time of day anyway. My alarm & pressure tank are in my office which I have to go threw three doors to get to. When I went threw the first door I was surprised to find the two inside doors open & I could hear water running into the pit from the office. I thought crap a hog got into my office somehow (has happened before) and messed up my water lines.
Nope that wasn't the case my water pressure tank exploded instead. It blew open both my doors.I have never seen that happen before.

I must admit the tank is 17 years old & I just told my self not over two weeks ago that the tank wasn't going to last much longer because of all the rust on the bottom of the tank. Never thought about it doing this however.

When I went to town to my local supplier to pick up a new tank, pressure switch and misc. parts I showed him a picture of my tank & I asked him if I could get by with duck tape like the guy from the Red/Green show or should I just replace it. He said no tape won't work but gorilla tape might as it stick to dirt & rust better :-)

He said last week a not to far from me a guy was power washing a hog barn & heard a loud noise. He went to investigate and his tank had exploded also. His tank knocked out some studs in a wall.

I'm just glad I wasn't standing next to it went she blew.

(20130702_081425 (800x450).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20130702_081425 (800x450).jpg (37KB - 216 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)