AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

? for Burdick on fattening holstein steers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Burdick
Posted 6/30/2013 11:25 (#3183172 - in reply to #3183129)
Subject: RE: ? for Burdick on fattening holstein steers

sullivan il.
My ration for the 300lbs. to 550lbs. is 1300 pounds whole corn 500 pounds glutten pellets and 200 pounds commercial supplement which has rumensin in it typically they eat about a 1000 lbs. of this ration from 300 to 550, then I switch them to a finisher ration which is 1540 lbs. of corn 360 lbs. glutten and 100 lbs. supplement typically eat about 5000lbs. of that ration. Implants are very important. I leave the corn whole since they don't get any roughage that way they get just a little bit of scratch. My opinion, which means nothing, is that if we raise a decent crop and corn gets a 4 in front of it with the fat cattle market being what it is I think Holstein feeders will get more expensive. I have been putting as many as I can on the bottle right now because the bottle calf price has had the bottom fall out of it I think this might be a real opportunity that you don't see very often. Then again what do I know I bought a couple of call options on corn ahead of this report Friday that didn't work out so well lol.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)