AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

vermeer m baler
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

rhandlos
Posted 6/15/2013 06:09 (#3156051 - in reply to #3155856)
Subject: Re: vermeer m baler

WC Iowa
What knid of shape are your teeth in the pickup? That many bales its kind of early for them to have the rubber getting weak, but could happen. Also check the cam pins, bushings, and bearings. It should only take 5 minutes to adjust the cam tracks to adjust the pickup bars. There are three 3/8" nuts that you losen up with a 9/16 socket on each side and move one way or the other. I set mine so that the teeth are coming down inbetween the two bolts that hold the stripper bands on top.

It sounds like your dealer advanced the cam too far and that is why it is trying to pull the hay through the pickup.

The hyd pressure not coming up could be air in the system yet. Does the needle go all the way down when you dump a bale? If not, crack the line going to the guage and see if it goes down after the air comes out. It could also be a bad cartridge or a piece of debree from the hose change that makes it start applying later than it should.

What condition are the laces on the belts? I've seen loose laces or broken pins grab the net to make the strips that you are talking about. Also, are you running auto start advance on the monitor? That will help keep it out of the pickup somewhat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)