AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

music programs anyone have a good one?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 1/11/2008 00:04 (#280563 - in reply to #280402)
Subject: RE: music programs anyone have a good one?

Bills not stupid, but my personal opinion is sometimes his software is just not as good as some independent stuff and sometimes microsoft goes to extreme lengths to lock me into using their product or makes it very difficult for the average guy to figure out how to use something else.

For example when you install some of their upgrades or other programs I've found that the program went into everything I have that is microsoft and reset the defaults to use their programs as the default program even when I had something else chosen on my computer. Then I have to dig through layers of menu's to find the one to reset the defaults.

In this case I was concerned that MS would look at our music and try to download licenses for it from the internet. When Yahoo got hold of the upgraded version of Music Match, that is what they built into it, a program that would automatically go through and render your non licensed mp3's useless. In our case we never were on line with the file sharing bit on the internet, but I have shared with some close friends.

Always seemed like a conflicting point of view from someone who made his fortune based on providing generic computers that would undercut the brand name ones. Now he wants his software to force the independent guy out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)